* Civil Engineer (1977). PhD in Civil Engineering (1981).
* Full Professor in Building Engineering (1993) at the University of Cantabria (UC) – Spain. Before Titular Lecturer (1984).
* Director (1991 to 1995 and 1999 to 2003) of the Department of Structural and Mechanical Engineering (UC).
* Professor (1993 to 2008) in the MSc in European Construction Engineering. Inter University Cooperation Programme: Aalborg, Bari, Buxtehude, Cantabria, Coventry, Polytechnics of Madrid and Valencia, and Porto. Module: “Construction refurbishment and repair”.
* Professor of 55 Monographic Courses and Seminars of specialization in different Universities, Professional Colleges and other Institutions. Between them the Direction of 13 programs of the Summer Courses of the University of Cantabria.
* Presentation of 69 Papers and Conferences in different Congresses and Universities. Organization of 21 Seminars on Building Technology in the School of Civil Engineering of Santander (UC).
* Author of numerous research reports on topics around Building Technology, Reinforced Concrete and Masonry Structures, Quality Management in the Construction and Pathology and Refurbishment in the Building field. Some results of these works have been:
- Publication of 48 Technical Articles.
- Direction of 57 agreements of collaboration between Companies and Institutions and the University of Cantabria. Funding of 6 projects in R+D Public Summons.
- Direction of 6 Doctoral Theses and several MSc Projects. Member of 45 Courts of Doctoral Theses
- Publication of two books and a monograph. Co-editor of five books.
* Intervention in approximately 70 Professional projects dedicated to the study and the calculation of Building Structures (1980-1990).
* Visitor Professor in four Universities of Argentina, Bolivia and Chile (Intercampus Programme 1995). Monographic Course and Conferences in two Universities of Chile (2005).
* Director of the "R+D Group in Building Technology (GTED-UC)" and of the "Master, Expert and Specialization UC Courses in Building Technology and Management" (from 2006 and it continues). With ISO Quality 9001:2000 Certificate (from September. 2007). (+ Information: www.gted.unican.es ).
Main research field: